Wednesday, November 3, 2010

College Visits

last Friday and Saturday I was lucky enough to be able to visit the Colorado School of Mines, to get a feel for the campus to see if it fit my idea of what college should be like.  So we get to quaint little Golden, Colorado and find some place to park and start an adventure.  We walk around campus looking at all the buildings and at the mountains in the back ground. after killing a couple of hours, we got the chance to watch a swim meet. While watching the meet i came upon a sudden revelation that just like needing to see the swim team in action to determine if i would like what goes on, i also would like to be able to witness what goes on in the class room at the school too.  But to my chagrin I had not set up any appointment to sit in on a class.  So if any of you go to visit a college I would HIGHLY suggest you ask for an opportunity to sit in on a class because I think that it could be valuable in helping you determine what college really fits what you want. 

No comments:

Post a Comment