Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Project

Finding a way to help or improve peoples lives. Sounds pretty easy just do a little something here and a little bit over there and presto you have accomplished your goal.  This is the attitude that I had going into class today but by the end of class, that attitude was turned completely around. Our project of finding a goal that will improve society turned out to be much harder than I anticipated. As we were brainstorming all of us in the group found it difficult to come up with an idea that was practical to help society and yet still be something that we could possible impliment or pursue. 
 So as I was sittinng there racking my brain for ideas, I suddenly realized we were facing the same problem policy makers face (on a much smaller scale of course). As citizens we see problems within society and we expect congress to address and fix the problems we see yet it seems the true problem is never fixed. This had always been a mystery to me why seemingly simple problems could never be erased, but after class today I now more fully understand the logistics congress men/women face when trying to impliment programs.  
Now im not totally letting them off the hook for not always getting necessary items taken care of but I am more conscious of how much of a pain in the butt it is to try and be helpful.... no wonder why it is not as prevelant as it was back in the good old days.

1 comment:

  1. Dude I agree completely, however if our project can work who knows where it could take us

    ReplyDelete