Test days come to quickly so we never feel as prepared as we should be but yet when it is all over the relief of not having another night of cramming brings such joy that it compensates for not feeling like a test went well. However the severity of feelings of unpreparedness and then relief have changed much over the years. Back in elementary school I hardly even cared what a test was let alone study for such a foreign thing, so the stress before hand and relief afterward meant nothing or very little to me at the most. Then we took the big scary step from elementary to middle school. Now as the classes were filled with more specific information and specialized concepts, all of a sudden test did not just fit in with the rest of the boring day, but were something occupying the back of my mind until it was all over.
Now as a senior, test are a source of great stress and worry, and instead of occupying a small space in my brain I find myself constantly thinking about what I should know compared to what I actually do and trying to figure out ways to get as ready as possible for the test throughout the day. This year more than ever I have noticed people devoting an entire class period during the day top accomplish last minute cramming totally oblivious to what they are supposed to be accomplishing during the class. So it has been interesting to look back and see how the importance of test has grown and almost I would say start to consume our way of looking at school.
After seeing test this year and how they have driven me crazy with worry, I can only imagine how much "FUN" it will be to prepare and take test next year in a college environment. But I guess I will survive that like I have the rest of school (or at least I hope so).
No comments:
Post a Comment