Wednesday, November 3, 2010
Timed Writing
Alright so the essay topic today in class was a joy to write about. I had really enjoyed the book I read but when I was finished I could not figure out why I had liked it so much, but I found as I was writing today that the book was so enjoyable because of the examples that we had to use to prove the unsettling and pleasurable parts of our books. I realized that I enjoyed our outside reading book so much because the intermixing of pleasurable and unnerving elements was so well done that as a reader I never noticed my changing emotions. While writing I suddenly figured out the book actually took the reader on a similar emotional roller coaster as the main character. So seeing that I don't like actual roller coasters but enjoy the feeling afterward, it only made sense that I liked the book because I went on a roller coaster without even knowing it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment