Friday, October 1, 2010
Another One Bites the Dust
With another week of school finally in the record books it is time again to give my view on a topic. The assignment that we got to work on in class this week in groups that involved looking at how authors deviated from the "norm" was very insightful and fun to me. Having to look closely at every detail of the sentences in order to find the deviance's did much more than make me take more time to read. It helped me see more of the imagery and connotations in the words that the author used, thus giving me a better feeling of the tone and meaning of the passages that we read. The assignment was also fun because we got to create our own version of what the authors said, which allowed us to use some of our own creativity and also see the creativity in our groups members that we may not have known about. So even though there was quite a few passages to work on, the work was well worth the insight into literature and our classmates.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm glad someone isn't complaining about the assignment!
ReplyDeleteI agree with you, Kyle. I wouldn't say the assignment was particularly "fun," but it provided insight. It makes us appreciate the hard work that goes into every paragraph.
I agree also, and now when I read something I think about what each little thing means. It has helped make the authors purpose more clear
ReplyDelete