Wednesday, January 19, 2011
uhhh a little late...
East of Eden, my first blog of what I thought the book would be like could not have been more wrong compared to what the story has turned out to be. The 17 chapters after the first one have been an absoulute joy to read. the book is continually moving and develops so many characters divuldging so much information through their descriptions and actions that I have a hard time putting the book down. I cant wait to see what becomes of Adam after his "Glory" shoots and leaves him to take care of twin boys. Also i am dissapointed that John Steinbeck could write such a good, interesting book as this one and then end up writing something like "the Pearl" i know it has literary merit and all that what not, but he does not create the same personability in the text of the Pearl as he does in East of Eden. now ill leave the blog hanging on that rant. you comments agreeing or disagreeing with that would be most intersting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment